This competency standard unit covers the performance of the procedures to gain access for work on or near electrical network infrastructure in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
There are no pre-requisite competencies to this unit.
- Code of Practice on Electrical Safety (Blue / Green Book).
- Electrical Access Permit (EAP) Requirements.
- Fundamentals of Isolation & Earthing (HV & LV).
- Appreciation of Operational Forms and Processes.
- Low Voltage Access Authority.
- Permit to Work (PTW).
- Vicinity Authority (VA).
- Sanction for Test (SFT).
- Responsibilities of;
- Recipient in Charge,
- Non-Authorised Recipients (NAR’s).
- Entry to High Voltage enclosures.
- Application of Work Party Earths & Short Circuits.
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.