This unit covers the knowledge and understanding of electricity supply industry (ESI) safety rules for work on, near or in the vicinity of ESI electrical apparatus. It includes the relevant state and territory safety rules, and organisational workplace requirements and how it applies to ESI workers to meet work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS), mobility and mutual aid requirements
- General electrical safety, including the requirement for hazard and risk assessment and control.
- Training and authorisation required to work on high and low voltage electrical apparatus.
- Safe systems of work.
- Work in the vicinity of electrical apparatus, including the use of mobile plant.
- Safe Approach Distances for persons and mobile plant.
- Access for work on or near high/low voltage electrical apparatus.
- Emergency procedures.
Approximately 4 hours
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.