This Competency Standard Unit covers the knowledge and application of Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) safety rules and codes of practice for work on or near electrical apparatus it includes the application of relevant State and Territory safety rules, codes of practice and enterprise based procedures and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Initial: 1 Day
- General electrical safety, including the requirement for hazard and risk assessment and control.
- Training and authorisation required to work on high and low voltage electrical apparatus.
- Safe systems of work.
- Work in the vicinity of electrical apparatus, including the use of mobile plant.
- Safe Approach Distances for persons and mobile plant.
- Access for work on or near high/low voltage electrical apparatus.
- Emergency procedures.
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.