This course is designed for employees who are required to use chainsaws. Participants will demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to safely operate and maintain motorised chainsaws.
Initial: 1 Day
Refresher: 3-4 Hours
- Petrol driven chainsaws
- Hydraulic driven chainsaws
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Chain sharpening, inspection & adjustment
- Safe operational requirements
- Cutting techniques
- General chainsaw maintenance
Delivery is conducted off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.
Every two years