This course is designed for personnel who are required to assist live work crews using a crane / borer. Participants will develop the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to safely and effectively use a crane / borer in a wide range of live work situations.
Initial: 1 Day
Refresher: 1 Day
- Qualified Crane / Borer Operator
- First Aid / CPR for the Electrical Supply Industry
- Live work policy and procedures
- Live working principles
- Live work equipment
- General safe work practices
- HV live work manual concepts
- Live Work Minimum Approach Distances (M.A.D’s)
- Crane ‘live’ lift techniques.
- Conductive and non-conductive poles and structures
- Conductor loadings
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate and/or Training Report.
Annual refresher training is required.