This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to safely perform High Voltage (HV) limited stick tasks up to and including 22kV for the purpose of vegetation control.
The course involves the limited use of HV live work equipment such as hand sticks, fitting of conductor covers and insulated control ropes to facilitate the moving of HV conductors away from vegetation but does not allow actual work to be performed on conductors or the un-securing of conductors from a structure.
Qualified & Authorised Lineworkers
- The Green Book
- HV Live Working Australian Standards
- VESI Minimum Rules for Carrying out High Voltage Live Work in Victoria
- Relevant Enterprise HV Live Work manual, policy, and procedure
- Risk / Hazard assessment
- Role and responsibility of the “Safety Observer”
- General safety work practices
- Minimum Approach Distances
- HV Live work tools and equipment
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Annual refresher training is required.