This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to identify, recognize the need for, and adopt methods to control manual handling risks.
Initial: 4 Hours
Refresher: 2 Hours
- Identify risk factors that are directly or indirectly associated with manual handling
- Minimising risk through use of mechanical aids and safe manual handling techniques
- Minimise risk of injury with flexibility and strength exercises
- Occupational Health & Safety Act 2004
- Manual Handling Code of Practice 2000
- Effects of manual handling on the body
- Preventive back and neck care
- Control measures
- Job & task design
- Local manual handling issues
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.
Every 3 years