This course is designed for personnel who work on live high voltage conductors and apparatus utilising insulating gloves, sleeves and barriers. This course will provide the participant with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to practice live Glove and Barrier techniques on energised high voltage conductors up to and including 33kV.
Initial: 20 Days
Refresher: 2 Days
- Qualified & Authorised Distribution Lineworker
- Glove and Barrier, policy and procedures
- personnel and training
- general work practices
- Glove and Barrier techniques.
- Install and/or replace high voltage insulators
- Erect and/or replace high voltage crossarms
- Connect and/or disconnect high voltage bridges/connections
- Install and/or maintain electrical equipment
- Erect and/or replace poles
- Repair and/or high voltage armour rods and/or line guards
- Convert intermediate construction to strain construction
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.
Annual refresher training is required