This competency standard unit covers the performance of pole top rescue procedures as a emergency procedure required in the workplace. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a pole top and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution and rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for rescue, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing the work.
Initial: 4 Hours
Refresher: 2 Hours
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others.
- Requirements to rescue a person from live HV or LV conductors.
- Safely lowering the victim to the ground.
- Inspection of equipment.
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD).
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person.
Delivery is conducted off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.
Annual refresher training is required.