This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to maintain safe approach distances (SAD) to extra high voltage (EHV), high voltage (HV) and low voltage (LV) electrical apparatus.
Initial: 4 Hours
Refresher: 2 Hours
- There are no pre-requisites required for this module
- Safe approach distances required by the Code of Practice on Electrical Safety for the Distribution Businesses (Green Book).
- Safe approach distances to conductors and apparatus at various voltages.
- Working in the vicinity of live conductors or apparatus while maintaining normal and special limits of approach.
- Operation of vehicles, including mobile plant and EWPs in the vicinity of live conductors or apparatus.
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.