This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to implement a “Safe to Approach” inspection and test procedure to high voltage electrical apparatus.
There are no pre-requisites for this module.
- The Blue Book and The Green Book
- SWER Safe to Approach procedure
- Apparatus with internal phase to earth supply
- Faulty earthing systems
- Associated dangers
- Symptoms of faulty earth systems
- SWER earth repair
- Equipment requirements
- Results and action to be taken
- Energising SWER Substations
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.