This module provides the learner with the knowledge, skills and competencies to conduct a “safe to climb” test.
Initial: 4 Hours
Refresher: 2 Hours
- Identify various pole types.
- Identify defects that effect the strength of wood, concrete and steel poles.
- Visually inspect poles for defects or damage.
- Perform a “safe to climb” test.
- Make a pole safe prior to climbing.
- Pole condition ie. “serviceable”, “un-serviceable” or “limited life”.
- Staked, or re-butted poles.
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and / or Training Report.
Every 3 Years