This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to understand the procedures to be observed when entering enclosures containing High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) apparatus.
- Overview of the Electrical Distribution and Transmission System
- Identification of HV & LV Apparatus
- The Blue Book and The Green Book
- Safe Approach Distances to HV and LV apparatus in regards to:
~ Personal clearances
~ Mobile plant
~ Elevating Work Platforms (EWP)
- Procedures to be observed when entering LV and HV enclosures
- Evacuation and emergencies
- Underground Substation Procedure
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Site visit may include distribution or zone sub-stations or terminal stations
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate of completion.