This refresher is designed for personnel who work on live high voltage conductors and apparatus utilising insulating gloves, sleeves and barriers. This course will refresh the participant with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to practice live Glove and Barrier techniques on energised high voltage conductors up to and including 33kV.
- Glove and Barrier, policy and procedures
- Personnel and training
- Live Work equipment
- Glove and Barrier techniques.
- Install and/or replace high voltage insulators
- Erect and/or replace high voltage crossarms
- Connect and/or disconnect high voltage bridges/connections
- Install and/or maintain electrical equipment
- Erect and/or replace poles
- Repair and/or high voltage armour rods and/or line guards
- Convert intermediate construction to strain construction
Delivery can be conducted on the job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate of completion.