This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to safely assist a High Voltage (HV) Live Work crew in the installation, replacement, removal and maintenance of poles and associated electrical apparatus (e.g. HV switch replacement) up to 66kV.
- Pole Erection Recovery Unit (PERU) Operator who has the appropriate mobile plant licence and experience in the use of Pole Erection Recovery Units in the Electrical Supply Industry and who are not trained HV Live Lineworkers.
- The Green Book
- Australian Standards for HV Live Working
- VESI Minimum Rules for Carrying out High Voltage Live Work in Victoria
- Relevant Enterprise HV Live Work manual, policy, and procedures
- Risk / Hazard assessment
- Role and responsibility of the “Safety Observer”
- General safety work practices
- Minimum Approach Distances (MAD)
- Step & Touch Potential
- Suitable Structures for pole replacement work
- Suitable Structures for electrical apparatus replacement work
- Mobile Plant Earthing and Bonding
- Setting up the Pole Erection Recovery Unit
- Jib Positioning & Lifting Operation
- Barriers and Cover up Equipment
Delivery can be conducted on the job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate and/or Training Report.