This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to perform High Voltage Electrical Switching on all distribution overhead and ground type substations, spur and SWER lines and associated apparatus, excluding metal enclosed switch gear.
- UETDRIS017 – Perform high voltage field switching operation to a given schedule.
- UETDRIS018 – Perform low voltage field switching operation to a given schedule.
- The Green Book
- Roles and responsibilities
- Network Operational procedures
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and site risk assessment process
- Operation of HV and LV electrical apparatus
- Interpretation of HV single line diagrams
- Systematic approach to switching
- Hazard identification and Operator protection
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety equipment
- Use of Operating Instructions
- Communications protocols
- Earthing Procedures
- Issue / cancellation of Electrical Access Authority/s for workers working on or in the vicinity of HV apparatus
- Ferro Resonance
- Restoration of supply
- Fault finding and emergency response
- Understanding of Protection Schemes
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate of completion.