This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to perform High Voltage Electrical Switching on all Sub-Transmission and Distribution apparatus within zone substations
- UETDRSB001 – Perform substation switching operations to a given schedule.
- The Green Book
- Roles and responsibilities
- Network Operators Operational procedures
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and site risk assessment process
- Operation of HV and LV electrical apparatus
- Interpretation of HV single line diagrams
- Systematic approach to switching operations
- Hazard identification and Operator protection
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety equipment
- Use of Operating Instructions
- Communications protocols
- Earthing Procedures
- Issue / cancellation of Electrical Access Authority/s for personnel working on or in the vicinity of HV apparatus
- Restoration of supply
- Fault finding and emergency response
- Understanding of Protection schemes
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate of completion.