This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to install and maintain energised high voltage (HV) overhead electrical apparatus using glove and barrier in the electricity supply industry (ESI). It includes gaining network access approval, verifying site conditions and potential hazards, calculating physical loads and selecting appropriate work techniques. It also includes preparing, using and maintaining specialised insulated tools and equipment.
- View here or contact us
- Some network specific pre-requisites may apply
- Glove and Barrier, policy and procedures
- Personnel and training
- Live Work equipment
- Glove and Barrier techniques.
- Install and/or replace high voltage insulators
- Erect and/or replace high voltage crossarms
- Connect and/or disconnect high voltage bridges/connections
- Install and/or maintain electrical equipment
- Erect and/or replace poles
- Repair and/or high voltage armour rods and/or line guards
- Convert intermediate construction to strain construction
Approximately 144 hours/ 4 weeks
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.