This module provides the learner with the knowledge and skills to identify, recognise the need for, and adopt methods to control manual handling risks, thereby reducing the frequency of injuries.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act 2004
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017
- Hazardous Manual Handling Compliance Code 2019
- Risk Assessment and Control
- Effects of manual handling on the body
- Factors resulting in manual handling injuries
- Preventive back and neck care
- Manual handling techniques
- Control strategies
~ Work organisation
~ Job & task design
- Local manual handling issues
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a certificate of completion.