This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to perform cable pit/ trench/ excavation rescue in an electricity supply industry (ESI) environment. It includes the organisational workplace requirements for a perform cable pit/ trench/ excavation rescue as it applies to live low voltage (LV) cable jointing in the workplace. It also includes the inspection and use of rescue equipment, and how it applies to ESI workers to meet work health and safety (WHS)/ occupational health and safety (OHS), mobility and mutual aid requirements.
View here or contact us.
- Tools and equipment needed for a rescue
- Assessing the hazards and applying control measures
- Performing cable pit/ trench/ excavation rescue
- Equipment inspection and testing requirements
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances
- Incident reporting
Approximately 4 Hours
Delivery can be conducted either on or off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.