This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to perform pole top rescue in an electricity supply industry (ESI) environment. It includes the organisational workplace requirements for the inspection and use of pole top rescue equipment, and how it applies to ESI workers to meet work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS), mobility and mutual aid requirements.
View here or contact us.
- Assessing hazards to rescuer, victim and others.
- Requirements to rescue a person from live HV or LV conductors.
- Safely lowering the victim to the ground.
- Inspection of equipment.
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD).
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person.
Approximately 4 Hours
Delivery is conducted off-job. Delivery strategies must be suitable for both theoretical and/or practical learning.
On successful completion of this course, the participants will receive a Statement of Attainment.